Muncie Homeless Shelter and Income based Housing
Bridges Community Services - Muncie, IN
Did you know?
- Winter Contingency Emergency Shelter opened at Bridges Community Services in 2013 and operates for famlies with children from November to April
- Bridges began helping and sheltering homeless families in 1994
- Bridges is one of only two recognized CHDO (Community Housing Development Organization) in the Muncie area
- In 2010 the agency provided support services to over 403 homeless families
- 20% of families report that welfare reductions caused their homelessness
- 50% of homeless children attend up to three different schools a year
- 75% of homeless children perform below grade level in reading
Simple ways to help...
Give our address, or phone number ... to someone in need !
318 West 8th, Muncie, Indiana, 47302