|BRIDGES Community Services, Inc. is an Indiana not-for-profit corporation formed in 1994. We are dedicated to helping low-income famililes and individuals in Muncie, Indiana. More>>
Bridges Community Services - Muncie, IN
Did you know?
- Winter Contingency Emergency Shelter opened at Bridges Community Services in 2013 and operates for famlies with children from November to April
- Bridges began helping and sheltering homeless families in 1994
- Bridges is one of only two recognized CHDO (Community Housing Development Organization) in the Muncie area
- In 2010 the agency provided support services to over 403 homeless families, in 2016 the effort has cut this number to 217
- 20% of families report that welfare reductions caused their homelessness
- 50% of homeless children attend up to three different schools a year
- 75% of homeless children perform below grade level in reading
Simple ways to help...
Give our address, or phone number ... to someone in need !
318 West 8th, Muncie, Indiana, 47302
Help Make A House A Home!
Now accepting donations of home furnishing items for families that have been homeless that will be moving into houses that need to made into homes!
Items such as:
Tables (kitchen/living area)
Dishes & Silverware
Couches/Love Seats/Chairs (gently used please!)
Small Kitchen Appliances (coffee pots, crock pots, microwaves...)
Kitchen/Bath Towels/Wash Cloths (new or very, very gently used please!)
Think of us if you have a rummage and consider donating items listed above that may not have sold or if you are cleaning out your garage/house and have items that you think people could use to make a house a home donate to families via our agency.
Help make a house a home!
Support Charity While Holiday Shopp
Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more
Coming soon! Central Access Point
Bridges Community Services, Inc. will soon be transitioning programming to:
The Central Access Point for persons experiencing homelessness
(Housing Utilization Building Central Access Point)
The Central Access Point will:
Reduce the amount of research and the number of phone calls consumers experiencing homelessness must make before finding crisis housing or services
Reduce new entries into homlessness through coordinated system wide diversion and prevention efforts
Prevent consumers experiencing homelessness from entering and exiting multiple programs before getting their needs met
Foster increased collaboration between homeless assistance providers
Improve our community's ability to perform well on Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing (HEARTH) Act outcomes and make progress on ending homelessness
Penny Lane...A Tiny Village Built b
Penny Lane...A Tiny Village Built by a Community.
Tiny Homes are Coming!!!
Penny Lane is a micro-community planned for the hardest to house providing safe, sustainable housing encompassed within a supportive community setting for chronically homeless individuals.
Actively accepting donations including monetary gifts.
Help build a home for a person experiencing chronic homelessness in your community!
Call for more information!
Brides Community Services, Inc.
318 W. 8th St. Muncie, IN 47302