Muncie Homeless Shelter and Income based Housing
Bridges Community Services - Muncie, IN
Did you know?
- The American Recovery Act hopes to bring 15 families into permanent housing this year. The American Recovery Act stimulus funds also have the capacity to cover first month's rent, last month's rent and deposits for an additional 50 families.
- Bridges began helping and sheltering homeless families in 1994
- Bridges is one of only two recognized CHDO (Community Housing Development Organization) in the Muncie area
- In 2010 the agency provided support services to over 403 homeless families
- 20% of families report that welfare reductions caused their homelessness
- 50% of homeless children attend up to three different schools a year
- 75% of homeless children perform below grade level in reading
Simple ways to help...
Give our address, or phone number ... to someone in need !
318 West 8th, Muncie, Indiana, 47302