- United Way of Delaware County
- City of Muncie Community Development
- State of Indiana - Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority
- Private Donors
- Community Foundation of Muncie and Delaware County
- Corporate Grants and/or gifts
Quick Homelessness Facts
- In 2007 one third of requests for shelter by homeless families were denied because of a lack of space.
- 20% of families report that welfare reductions caused their homelessness.
- 50% of homeless children attend up to three different schools a year.
- 75% of homeless children perform below grade level in reading.
- 65% of homeless parents are unemployed.
- The average annual income of a homeless parent is $8,000 yearly.
- Over one half of homeless women and children fled violence.
- 47% of homeless children have anxiety, depression and withdrawal problems.
- 22% of homeless mothers have asthma ... over 4 times the rate of other women.
- The average age of a homeless person is 9 years old.